Pages

May 20, 2009

underdog...scores!

This was my first time really following American Idol. From the start I was rooting for Danny all the way. I loved his voice and hoped he would go far which he did...all the way to the 3rd spot when he lost to Kris Allen. Everyone pegged Adam Lambert to win and while I knew he was good he just didn't win me over. I think it was the screaching/screaming high notes he did and his "artistic"approach to the music. Tonight watching the finales and seeing Adam singing with Kiss I had this idea that I could totally see him doing a modern day Rocky Horror Picture Show. He would be perfect for the main character. Anyways back to Kris....I had really liked him too and he really grew on me watching him progress farther into the competition. Having Danny lose to him wasn't a bad thing. I almost think Danny thought so too. So the talk the last week has been how Adam is going to win and all that stuff. I was soooo excited to see that didn't happen!! WHooohooo the underdog scores!! I think it showed a lot of the type of person though that Kris is when asked about winning it. He tells Ryan Seacrest that it should have been Adam. He was so humbled and in total shock that he won it!! Just like when he won over Danny. I can't wait to see what he comes out with because I could totally dig his music.

No comments: