Pages

August 7, 2008

Another week almost done

It's Thursday evening and yet another week is drawing near. Yesterday I over slept for some reason I thought it was the weekend! Good thing I got up and made it to work on time. Amazes me how I can pull this off with 2 kids in tow. Speaking of them...Summer is drawing to a close for them. School starts for Jarod on Wed and he tells me he is not ready for school. It wasn't long enough...I have to admit he is right. It just doesn't seem that right. They get out of school at the end of May so he has only about 2 months off because they start back early Aug. During the year they seem to have more days off then when i was a kid. It just sucks because we didn't go anywhere for a vacation during the summer. The time just well....flew by. It really snuck up on me that school was getting ready to start back. Maybe I am in a tad bit of denial. Riley starts kindergarten!! I can't get over that. I was counting the days for this to happen now I don't know if we are ready. He is excited but I just can't believe it came so quickly! We need to hit the stores this weekend and get new shoes, hopefully a few new pairs of shorts for him. I feel bad at times too because the poor kids never get to sleep in during the summer. We still have to be up and out of the house by 7 for me to get to work on time. Not much of a summer break there either. I am going to work on planning a trip for us to get away too. We need to go somewhere fun. The cabin was fun but we need another one. Hmmmmm need to think fun yet affordable...
cross your fingers we are successful in the shoe and clothes shopping adventure this weekend...iknow the boys could care less but i want them to look nice for at least the first couple of days of school ;)

2 comments:

*~Annette~* said...

Good golly.. I dragged myself out of bed today. M is waking up earlier, which is good, but S isn't. We'll get there. Next weekend is probably the haircuts. We've got a lot already taken care of! Good luck!

~gail~mooselovingmamabear said...

Enjoy all the moments of summer left....and good luck w/ school shopping....