Pages

August 8, 2009

It's a good day

We had a good day today. Another day spent doing a few errands. We headed to the Grandfolks house to get our tickets for Holiday World for tomorrow. Afterwards we went to Plainfield and return the shoes Jarod had gotten for school, but then naturally found others he wanted. I got myself a new pair instead. I loved that they were having a sale so I scored me some new shoes for about 20bucks off! Since the boys dept was near by we discovered they had a bunch of stuff in Jarods size on clearance for 60% and more!! He found some really cute stuff! He definitely has a skater look going on. I was surprised to find him really liking the stuff! He was really into shopping! We ended up with 2 pairs of shorts 2 tops a belt and a new swimsuit....all the bottoms FIT even! Granted on pair of shorts were big even after adjusting the waist but we solved it by buying a new belt. We saved...almost 90 bucks!!! I got the clothes plus the belt for 58bucks with tax! Whooo hooo..the kid is set for school now! We then headed to Chic Fila for lunch...yum!
By the time we got home it was 3:30-4pm. The weather was getting warmer...it was 85 in the house! Riley wanted to go and play in the water outside and I said go for it. So he and a few other kids went to town. I knew it was going to head to the point of no return when I looked out the window to check on them and found them filling a hole with water (by this point it was muddy) and dunking their head in it! I was like...Let kids be kids...it's only mud nothing that won't wash off. The were at it for a good 2 hours. Nothing beats having fun in the summer in your backyard :) I love the kids all come to our house to play! I like to think that's a good thing ;)
Photobucket

1 comment:

Ryzmomplus2 said...

We are just beginning the back to school shopping this week. OMG that is too funny on the mud puddle! Good thing you got a picture!